Ghosts of the San Juan
Praise for Ghosts of the San Juan
Ghosts of the San Juan combines the joy of Southwest river rafting with solving mysteries. What could be more fun? Mogi is the twenty-first-century hero our kids need. Don Willerton is a master at putting together history, adventure, and geography. You learn while enjoying how clever Mogi is.
Don Willerton has captured the feel and mystery of a river-rafting adventure. Mogi Franklin knows how to solve age-old questions involving murder, diamonds, Navajo witches, ghosts, and a missing volcano. The author provides a wild ride along the San Juan River canyon of Utah in his suspenseful mystery combined with legends of the Southwest.
I appreciated how the storyline progresses, tying together two timelines and weaving some real research and historical info through the plot. I think young readers would really get a kick out of this book. As an adult, I found it really engaging and entertaining.
—Donna G. Bogan
Ghosts of the San Juan is full of adventure and great characters. As an adult, I appreciate the research and style of the author. As a retired elementary school teacher, I would highly recommend the stories for reading groups or read-aloud. There is mystery, history, and people we want to keep following—and lots of fun.
This book is a great read for a lazy afternoon. Get to know Mogi and his sister—a pretty cool pair of southwestern sleuths. Ghosts of the San Juan is an ideal book for parents looking for wholesome entertainment for their youngsters. It’s a fantastic read.
Ghosts of the San Juan gives readers a taste of adventure and an introduction to beautiful southwestern landscapes, places, and history, all the while letting them know two smart but ordinary kids who use their intellect, creativity, and intuition in extraordinary ways to solve old mysteries with modern-day consequences.
- Browse Our Spring 2017 Releases
- The Terra Nova Calendar
- Catalogs and Press Releases
- Banged-Up Heart
- The Lost Children
- Fascinating Facts of New Mexico
- To Drink from the Silver Cup: From Faith through Exile and Beyond
- A Killer's Grace
- My Name Is Wonder: A Tale of Adventure
- Ghosts of the San Juan
- Miguel Lost and Found: Journey to Santa Fe
- Jewish Rites of Death: Stories of Beauty and Transformation
- Eat to Beat Alzheimer’s
- Once Upon A Lie
- Love and Death in a Perfect World
- Fishing the Desert
- The Scourge
- The Reconstruction of Wilson Ryder
- Hotel Atlantis
- American Odyssey
- American Odyssey & The Odyssey
- The Polka Dot Chair: New and Selected Poems
- The Monkey Tree: New and Selected Poems
- Farewell, Aleppo: My Father, My People, and Their Long Journey Home
- Chef Fritz and His City: My Education in the Master’s Kitchen
- Letters fom Alfonso: Learning to Listen
- A Reporter’s World: Passions, Places, People
- My Life with Lifers Lessons for A Teacher: Humanity Has No Bars
- Create the Life You Need!
- New Mexican Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Jalapeños: The Pepper Pantry
- Ancho and Poblano Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Sweet Heat: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Chile Sauce Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Hot Spice Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- Browse Authors
- Author Social Media
- Author Videos
- Book Clubs
- Terra Nova Newsletter
- Marty's Blog
- Publish with Us
- New Mexico Book Resources
- Bookstores—Contact our distributor
- Santa Fe Book Publisher
- Contact Terra Nova
- Author questionnaire
Copyright © 2016 Terra Nova Books. All rights reserved.