Other books by David Myles Robinson
The Pinochet Plot
Son of Saigon
Conga Line on the Amazon
About the Book
Some Honolulu lawyers called Pancho McMartin the best criminal defense attorney in the islands. He’d admit to being pretty damn good. But he was on a losing streak now—three guilty verdicts in a row—and his confidence was sinking fast. When one of his oldest friends, Giselle, was left comatose after surgery and her husband, Manny, pleaded with him to sue the doctors involved, Pancho couldn’t find a way to avoid a new specialty: medical malpractice.
But it wasn’t long before the sudden death of one of the defendants—and a murder charge accusing Manny of being the killer—had Pancho back in the old familiar arena of fighting for his client’s life, while at the same time seeking justice for the O.R. errors that had left Giselle in a permanent vegetative state.
In Tropical Doubts, the third legal thriller from David Myles Robinson featuring colorful, fast-thinking Pancho McMartin, medical hijinks merge with murder as surprise twists build in this unpredictable courtroom drama.
About the Author
David Myles Robinson grew up in Pasadena, CA, where he worked as a staff reporter for a minority newspaper, The Pasadena Eagle, while attending Cal State LA. He graduated cum laude from San Francisco State University with a B.A. in political science, and was academic law review at the University of San Francisco School of Law. It was there that Robinson met his wife, Marcia Waldorf. The two moved to Honolulu, Hawaii, where Robinson practiced law and Waldorf became a circuit court judge. The two now reside in Taos, NM, where he can pursue his passions of skiing, golf, traveling, and writing, though not necessarily in that order.
Robinson is the author of six novels: Unplayable Lie, a golf-related suspense novel; Tropical Lies, Tropical Judgments, and Tropical Doubts, all Pancho McMartin legal thrillers set in Honolulu; and suspense novels The Pinochet Plot and Son of Saigon.
Praise for Tropical Doubts
A sharp, well-written medical-legal thriller. It had me firmly engaged from the start to the twist-in-the-tale finish. A smart, polished, and very accomplished novel.
—Cath ’n’ Kindle Book Reviews
The book is written with an easy island energy that you only get from laying on the beach and soaking in the sun. Several times in the book Pancho and Drew would head to the beach and watch the sunset. The disbursement of Hawaiian-island details really gave this book a warm feeling...Overall, this book was one that I found very enjoyable to read...Five the stars to this book!
—San Francisco Book Review
A most highly recommended legal thriller. Robinson’s characters are finely delineated and credible, and his plot is solid and well-crafted. A compelling and original story, fast-paced and well-written.
A really good crime novel with a really suspenseful ending. David Myles Robinson has created characters that jump out of the book and feel like real-life people. If you like detective stories, crime novels, and good writing, Tropical Doubts is a must-read.
I enjoyed Tropical Doubts very much. Pancho is an interesting character, intelligent and pretty awesome. The flow is great and the narrative very evocative. The author makes the legal jargon easy to read.
- Fall 2021 Books
- Press Releases
- War Train
- Words Kill
- Young Blood and Old Paint
- Teddy's War
- The Embudo Virus
- Tropical Deception
- Seduced into Darkness
- Breaking the Silence
- The Torchbearers
- The Big Book of Blues Guitar
- Persistence of Light
- Spiritual Growth
- Diving Deep
- Questions & Answers
- The King of Trash
- The Captain’s Chest
- River of Gold
- Badge of Honor
- The Turquoise Lady
- Tropical Doubts
- Son of Saigon
- The Pinochet Plot
- Dramatic Structure in the Contemporary American Theatre
- The Lady in White
- The Secret of La Rosa
- The Global Warming Express
- Gambling on Granola
- Not Our Day to Die
- Two Smart Boys
- Wave Rider
- The Hidden River
- The Lake of Fire
- Banged-Up Heart
- The Lost Children
- Fascinating Facts of New Mexico
- To Drink from the Silver Cup: From Faith through Exile and Beyond
- A Killer's Grace
- My Name Is Wonder: A Tale of Adventure
- Ghosts of the San Juan
- Miguel Lost and Found: Journey to Santa Fe
- Jewish Rites of Death: Stories of Beauty and Transformation
- Eat to Beat Alzheimer’s
- Once Upon A Lie
- Love and Death in a Perfect World
- Fishing the Desert
- The Scourge
- The Reconstruction of Wilson Ryder
- Hotel Atlantis
- American Odyssey
- American Odyssey & The Odyssey
- The Polka Dot Chair: New and Selected Poems
- The Monkey Tree: New and Selected Poems
- Farewell, Aleppo: My Father, My People, and Their Long Journey Home
- Chef Fritz and His City: My Education in the Master’s Kitchen
- Letters fom Alfonso: Learning to Listen
- A Reporter’s World: Passions, Places, People
- My Life with Lifers Lessons for A Teacher: Humanity Has No Bars
- Create the Life You Need!
- New Mexican Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Jalapeños: The Pepper Pantry
- Ancho and Poblano Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Sweet Heat: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Chile Sauce Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Hot Spice Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- Browse Authors
- Author Social Media
- Author Video and Audio
- Book Clubs
- New Mexico Book Resources
- Bookstores—Contact our distributor
- Santa Fe Book Publisher
- Submission Guidelines
- Contact Terra Nova
Copyright © 2021 Terra Nova Books. All rights reserved.