Our roots as a Santa Fe book publisher
Santa Fe is a uniquely creative city. Our arts scene is unrivaled by cities of our size. Santa Fe’s visual and performing arts are well-known throughtout the world. Lesser known but equally impressive is the quality of our writers. Many great authors have chosen to make Santa Fe their home. And many Santa Feans have been inspired by Santa Fe's rich history, beautiful setting and vast writing resources to try their hand at a first book.
This cauldron of creativity is where Terra Nova Books has chosen to create a new kind of book publishing paradigm. As a Santa Fe book publisher with global reach, we are offering authors—both established and new—access to the kind of exceptional quality, service and experience that used to be available only from big east coast publishers. But our small size and ability to nimbly adapt to changing trends and market conditions can't be duplicated by the larger houses.
When one hears of a Santa Fe book publisher, all the characteristics that Santa Fe is know for come to mind--diversity: Terra Nova Books publishes a wide range of genres, from memoir to cookbooks to young adult; creativity: we publish only the freshest, most creative books that come our way, indeed our standards require that we refuse many more books than we accept for publication; exceptional service: our commitment to service coupled with our small size guarantees authors easy access to the people who actually do the editing, design and marketing of their books.
The difference a national distributor makes
Yes, Terra Nova Books is a Santa Fe book publisher. But that doesn't mean we don't offer national distribution to our authors! Through our association with SCB Distributors our titles are marketed by a national sales force of over 30 salespeople.
This means that our new titles are included in the SCB database (used by booksellers across the county) and actively promoted to online retailers, large chains and booksellers across the county.
Authors: don't be fooled by the offerings of Createspace and Ingram; they don't offer a national sales force that actively promotes your book to retailers.
Publicity, social media, and marketing
Effective publicity is crucial for author success. We recommend Artotems, but will work closely with any publicist chosen by the author, supporting all publicity efforts—readings, interviews, and book events.
We view social media marketing, including Facebook, Twitter and blogging, as essential for authors in today's rapidly-changing marketplace. Finding readers is the challenge, and social media is an essential tool to connect with audiences. Artotems offers authors up-to-date expertise, training, support, and SEO optimization so they have the best chance of reaching readers.
- Browse Our Spring 2017 Releases
- The Terra Nova Calendar
- Catalogs and Press Releases
- Banged-Up Heart
- The Lost Children
- Fascinating Facts of New Mexico
- To Drink from the Silver Cup: From Faith through Exile and Beyond
- A Killer's Grace
- My Name Is Wonder: A Tale of Adventure
- Ghosts of the San Juan
- Miguel Lost and Found: Journey to Santa Fe
- Jewish Rites of Death: Stories of Beauty and Transformation
- Eat to Beat Alzheimer’s
- Once Upon A Lie
- Love and Death in a Perfect World
- Fishing the Desert
- The Scourge
- The Reconstruction of Wilson Ryder
- Hotel Atlantis
- American Odyssey
- American Odyssey & The Odyssey
- The Polka Dot Chair: New and Selected Poems
- The Monkey Tree: New and Selected Poems
- Farewell, Aleppo: My Father, My People, and Their Long Journey Home
- Chef Fritz and His City: My Education in the Master’s Kitchen
- Letters fom Alfonso: Learning to Listen
- A Reporter’s World: Passions, Places, People
- My Life with Lifers Lessons for A Teacher: Humanity Has No Bars
- Create the Life You Need!
- New Mexican Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Jalapeños: The Pepper Pantry
- Ancho and Poblano Chiles: The Pepper Pantry
- Sweet Heat: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Chile Sauce Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- The Essential Hot Spice Guide: The Pepper Pantry
- Browse Authors
- Author Social Media
- Author Videos
- Book Clubs
- Terra Nova Newsletter
- Marty's Blog
- Publish with Us
- New Mexico Book Resources
- Bookstores—Contact our distributor
- Santa Fe Book Publisher
- Contact Terra Nova
- Author questionnaire
Copyright © 2016 Terra Nova Books. All rights reserved.